Tuesday, December 29, 2009

A Salute to My Readers

A year has passed since I began my Chipin blog. Chipin--because I play golf--and I chip in a lot from off the green. That is, no putter is required on the green to hole out! This past year I chipped in 29 times. In both 2008 & 2007 (when I first kept track), I chipped in 21 times each season. Yes, I have a very good short game.

This article is a tribute to readers who visited my blog this past year--from 18 countries on four continents. I'd like to share their national flag with you--and in a few instances I will offer their national anthem.

Because of the extent of my readership, I will divide this into two blog articles. This one recognizes readers from Europe & Asia.

Please forgive me if I miss a country. I've done my best to identify visitors, as provided by a web tracking service. However, at times, it does not always tell me which country a visitor my hail from.

Let me start with Sweden. That's because my favorite golfer, now retired Annika Sorenstam, hails from this great nation. Please enjoy their national anthem, Du Gamla Du Fria, as sung by Carola Häggkvist.




Vielen Dank für die Deutschland besuch.


I appreciate your viewings from The Netherlands.


From the land of President Sarkozy, here is the French flag.


Of course, I had visitors from the great United Kingdom.


I honor of my visitors from Switzerland, here is their flag.


Now enjoy the Turkish national anthem, Istiklal Marsi, the Independence March.



Here is the flag of Hungary.


I appreciate my visitors from India.


I had a visitor from as far away as Thailand. If I understand correctly, their national anthem is broadcast on TV twice each day, at 8 am and 6 pm. Here is one version.


1 comment:

  1. Larry says: "I have a very good short game"... Really? Talk about an understatement! Happy New Year to you and your family! (Spence)

    ReplyDelete