Friday, January 1, 2010

A Salute to My Readers--Part II

When I started blogging, I thought I might publish 2-4 articles per month. Well, it didn't turn out that way! I have more than enough material to share with you twice a week.

Most of my attention is devoted to matters of economic interest, primarily macro-economic (eg, big scale) topics in the United States. I often write to provide perspective--and sometimes with a retrospective point of view, because the news is coming at us so quickly these days.

I have always attempted to write with clarity. I have received feedback from several readers (eg, thanks, Cliff!) for your supportive comments about my writing style. This enables you to learn a lot about economics, even though as I earned & learned from one of my degrees in college, economics was sometimes (often? Ha) dull, boring and maybe confusing to many.

I also seek to write from different points of view, sometimes not trying to "take sides" in a debate on a topic, economic or otherwise, in order to give you some diversity of thought so you might be better positioned to make up your own mind.

On occasion, you will find my articles nested into a series with one building on the next to help you explore the subject in depth, without being overwhelmed by the information all at once.

A few times during the year I will break away from the economic scene to share some other idea, perhaps in the motivational or behavioral sciences realm.

In a sense, my blog can serve as a very valuable encyclopedia of thought...a sort of reference which you can search using the search engine in the upper left hand portion of the web page, or by browsing through my collective index, in date order, along the lower right hand sidebar.

Now lets continue my tribute to readers over the past year, with a focus on the flags from the Americas, and from some Caribbean island nations.

Thanks for visiting from Argentina.


Next, listen to inspirational march anthem from Brazil.



I was happy to receive blog visitors from Costa Rica.


And from and the Dominican Republic, too.


And we cannot leave out thanking visitors from Jamaica.


To the south of me, I appreciate visitors from Mexico. And, Lorena Ochoa is one of my favorite golfers!



To my immediate north (I live in Wisconsin) are all the lovely provinces of Canada. You gotta love the Maple Leaf, eh?


Finally, thanks for the majority of my readers, who hail for the great United States. Thanks to you...and to everyone around the world...for your faithful following.

No comments:

Post a Comment